Varina Property Management
We Can Help Manage Your Varina Rental Property
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We have an extensive portfolio of single family homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments in the Varina area.
Our business is to provide our clients with management solutions that help their properties operate smoothly, increase in desirability and enhance investment value. That's why property owners throughout the area depend on us to help achieve their goals of property performance and profitability. Whether your properties are apartments, single family homes, duplexes, commercial developments, or office spaces for growing companies, our company ensures that your property is well managed to attract and retain tenants.
The Benefits of using ERA Woody Hogg
- No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access
- Industry leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
Our leasing fee includes:
- Assessing market rent amount
- Advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Lease signing and any addendum needed
- Collecting security/pet deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
Our management fee includes:
- Collecting rent, you will receive you funds by the 15th of the month
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Filling court papers,handling evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Security deposits are deposited in our escrow account
- Long-term planning, including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
Inquire About Our Services
Our office does not charge a renewal fee if the tenant renews after the 1st year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will it take to rent my property?
You should keep in mind that the better condition that your house is in, the better quality tenant that it will attract. Your home must be left in professionally cleaned condition. Your Property Manager prefers to arrange this cleaning to insure that the cleaning guidelines are strictly followed.
It is not necessary to paint automatically, but you should consider painting any room that has dirty or marred walls. A neutral color is best. Your Property Manager will be happy to discuss any necessary repairs or painting with you. Neutral window coverings such as blinds should be left, but not curtains that match a particular bedspread or couch. Tenants moving into a rental property do expect some sort of window coverings to be provided for privacy and safety.
Varina Area Information
The area which included Varina Farms( which was in turn named for Rolfe's first cultivated tobacco crop in the new world "Varina") Plantation was part of Henrico Cittie (sic), an incorporation formed in 1619 by the Virginia Company of London. Henricus was clearly the central development of Henrico Cittie. However, although Henricus was wiped out and not rebuilt after the Indian Massacre of 1622, a tiny village grew up on Rolfe's Plantation which was called both "Varina" and "Henrico Parish". When the original eight shires of Virginia (later renamed counties) were formed in 1634, Varina became the county seat of Henrico.
Varina was established as an unincorporated town in 1680. It featured a courthouse, a church for Henrico Parish, and commercial buildings, such as a tavern. The Henrico Glebe house at Varina was the location where Reverend Dr. James Blair is believed to have drawn up the plans for new school which became the College of William and Mary in 1693 after his mission to England at the request of the House of Burgesses. The royal charter for the new school resurrected one of the dreams of the colonists which had been lost at Henricus in 1622.
Varina remained the county seat of Henrico County until 1752, when the seat was relocated to the growing city of Richmond, located at the head of navigation on the north side of the James River. A few years earlier, in 1741, the Henrico Parish church had also been relocated to the present location of St. John's Episcopal Church in the Church Hill section of Richmond.